Mark Malkoff, Internet celebrity and video comedy producer talks about his creative and productivity workflows.
Mark Malkoff is a comedian, writer, and filmmaker who formerly worked for Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report.
His most famous exploits are:
- Visited all 171 Starbucks franchises in Manhattan in a single day. http://youtu.be/CwYxuV2dVzw
- Moved into an IKEA store in Paramus, New Jersey for a week as his apartment was fumigated. http://youtu.be/z3S5s3EITcQ
- Lived on an AirTran jet for 30 days in order to conquer his fear of flying. After completing this endeavor, he broke the Guinness World Record for most flights taken in a 30-day period with 135 flight segments. http://youtu.be/-f4sjKueSKs
- Traveled for four weeks in a Ford Fusion Hybrid around the country seeing how many U.S. mayors he could get to present him their key to the city. http://youtu.be/b0o1vGn1HwU
- Was physically carried 9.4 miles in Manhattan by 155 individuals. http://youtu.be/Gi4ClspNrNs
- Raced a crosstown Manhattan bus while riding a Big Wheel tricycle to point out how slow the busses in New York are. http://youtu.be/uv916r2UcaU
- Tried to be thrown out of a Manhattan Apple Store, including having a pizza delivered, bringing in a band to play live music, bring in a pet goat, and trying to have a quiet candle-lit dinner with his wife. http://youtu.be/Bo2p82aTQzo
- Tested the limits of Netflix by watching as many movies as he could in one month. During the month, he watched 252 movies from opening to ending credits. For being the heaviest Netflix user that month, Malkoff was invited to Netflix Headquarters where he met Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix. http://youtu.be/eoMpEddA5Vo
Covered in this episode: